If you’re wondering if it’s safe to come back to the dentist, the Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama has issued a statement saying that it is!
Key points from the recent statement from the state’s dental board:
- The American Dental Association (ADA), the Board of Dental Examiners of Alabama (BDEAL), and the Alabama Dental Association (ALDA) firmly believe dental care can continue to be delivered safely.
- Dental care is essential health care. Regular dental visits are important because treatment, as well as prevention of dental disease, helps keep people healthy and avoids crowding hospital emergency rooms with people seeking relief from dental orofacial pain and infection.
- To date, according to the CDC, there has been no documented transmission of COVID-19 in a clinical dental setting in the U.S.
- Additionally, a study published in The Journal of the American Dental Association found the prevalence of COVID-19 among dentists to be less than one percent.
- Researchers from the ADA Science and Research Institute and the ADA Health Policy Institute are continuing to collect infection rate data among dentists and have added dental hygienists to the research as well. The preliminary data suggest the monthly incidence rate among dentists has remained below one percent.
Research on this issue is of course ongoing, and we are constantly diligent at AdVance Dental in doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.
So if you’re wondering if it’s safe to come back to the dentist, it is!
Check out my blog page for more posts about dentistry and many other topics.
Check out our YouTube Channel for educational videos about our practice, dentistry, and more!